- After six hours’ questioning by the police the accused man confessed.
- At this point the police interfered.
- He is wanted by the police.
- The chief Constable applied for an order of mandamus directing the justices to rehear the case.
- The confession was extracted under torture by the police.
- The police are close to solving the crime.
- The police were accused of tampering with the evidence.
- The post mortem was carried out or was conducted by the police pathologist.
- The thief surrendered himself to the police.
- When he offered to give information to the police, he was granted immunity from prosecution.