- A barrister has right of audience in any court in England and Wales.
- A lawyer shall not represent both parties involved in the same case.
- A lawyer should assist in maintaining the integrity and competence of the legal profession.
- A lawyer should assist in preventing the unauthorized practice of law.
- A lawyer should assist the legal profession in fulfilling its duty to make legal counsel available.
- A lawyer should avoid even the appearance of professional impropriety.
- A lawyer should exercise independent professional judgment on behalf of a client.
- A lawyer should preserve the confidences and secrets of client.
- A lawyer should represent a client competently.
- A lawyer should represent a client zealously within the bounds of the law.
- Can you contact the solicitors representing the vendors?
- Counsel is instructed to settle the defense.
- Counsel for the plaintiff opposed the defendant‘s application for an adjournment.
- Counsel for the prosecution opened with a description of the accused’s family.
- Counsel must not lead the witness.
- Counsel pleaded the accused’s age in extenuation of his actions.
- Counsel prevailed upon the judge to grant an adjournment.
- Counsel questioned the reliability of the witness evidence.
- Counsel raised a point of law.
- Counsel stated that there was no case to answers, but the judge demurred.
- Defense counsel made a speech in mitigation.
- Defense counsel put his case.
- He has set up in practice as a solicitor.
- He is a partner in a law firm.
- He was denied the right to see his lawyer.
- Sound legal advice depends upon the lawyer being fully informed by the client.
- The accused decided to dispense with the services of a lawyer.
- The solicitor attempted to have the charge dropped.
- The solicitor paid the fine on behalf of his client.
- The solicitor sent an extract of the deeds.