- An income tax deduction is allowed for bad debt.
- Filing a false tax return is under the penalties of perjury to taxing authorities.
- He was convicted of tax evasion.
- It is the duty of citizens to pay taxes in accordance with the law.
- Some state statutes impose special taxes, usually in the form of stamp tax,on sales of stock.
- The federal income tax is governed by the Internal Revenue Code.
- The tax court has jurisdiction over questions of law and fact arising under the tax laws.
- The tax is assessed as a percentage of the assigned value of a corporation’s capital stock.
- The tax is levied without statutory authority.
- The tax ruling has retrospective effect.