- If prosecutorial misconduct results in a mistrial, a later prosecution may be barred.
- In Great Britain, the Attorney General prosecutes for the Grown in certain cases.
- In some places, public prosecutors are elected rather than appointed.
- Not every violation of law can be prosecuted, and prosecutors have wide discretion in deciding which to prosecute and which to drop.
- Please call your first witness, Mr. Prosecutor.
- The district attorney was appointed to represent the state in criminal cases.
- The independent counsel is in charge of the investigation of the political scandal.
- The prosecuting attorney represents the government in instituting and proceeding with criminal actions.
- The prosecutor decided to pursue the case to the end.
- The public prosecutor must prove the defendant’s act was the proximate cause of the injury.