- Costs of the case will be borne by the defendant.
- Costs will be shared equally between the two parties.
- The amount of costs payable by one party to another may be fixed by rules or determined by way of assessment.
- The cost of litigation will be more affordable and predictable.
- The court ordered the costs to be taxed if not agreed.
- The defendants successfully obtained the dismissal of an appeal but were awarded no costs.
- The judge awarded costs to the defendant.
- The party receiving costs may obtain some of those costs at an early stage.
- The paying party is often required to pay the receiving party a sum which is less than the sum the winner has to pay his own legal representative.
- There are two bases upon which the court may assess the amount of costs recoverable.