Real property 不动产
- A man may claim that he owns land by inheritance or purchase from some other person.
- Land is referred to as realty.
- Land may not be sold, leased, mortgaged or illegally transferred by any other means.
- Land, the main source of wealth, is by the very nature of things treated differently from other kinds of property.
- Permission for any change in the use of the land owned has to be obtained from the local planning authorities.
- Property may be classified into real property and personal property.
- Real property is both a bundle of legal rights and certain physical objects.
- Real property is land and things immovably attached to the land.
- The ownership of land grew out of possession.
- Where a squatter occupies derelict land and continues in uninterrupted possession for 12 years, the owner’s title to land is destroyed.