- Did the other person act negligently?
- If you are more than 50 percent responsible, you may not be able to recover damages in the negligence action.
- In most civil contexts it does not matter whether negligence is “gross” or “slight” .
- In most states contributory negligence has been superceded by comparative negligence.
- In regard to negligence, think of duty broadly as an obligation to protect the safety of others.
- Involuntary manslaughter can be based on criminal negligence.
- Negligence can also be a criminal offense.
- Usually negligence is a tort.
- You could bring a claim of negligence against the railroad company.
- You have the grounds for a negligence action.