- A later statute takes away the effect of a prior one.
- Arms and laws do not flourish together.
- Consent makes law.
- Custom has the force of law.
- Customs,religious and philosophies tend to form the basis for a nation’s laws.
- Equity is a correction of common legal rules in their defective parts.
- Except as otherwise provided by law.
- Every law has a loop hole.
- Every law has no atom of strength, as far as no public opinion supports it.
- In civilized life, law floats in a sea of ethics.
- It can hardly be taken to be a guarantee that every law shall treat every person the same.
- Law can never be enforced unless fear supports it.
- Law does not compel a man to do what he is impossible to perform.
- Law governs man , reason the law.
- Law is a pervasive feature of social life that profoundly affects us.
- Law is a exercise in communication between authority and the public.
- Law is an ordinance of reason for the common good.
- Law is an utterance determined by the common consent of the commonwealth.
- Law is both an instrument of change and a result of changes.
- Law is established for the benefit of man.
- Law is law, just or not.
- Law is mind without reason.
- Law is order, and good law is good order.
- Law is the crystalization of the habit and thought of society.
- Law is the science of what is good and just.
- Law must be stable and it cannot stand still.
- Law that is deficient is better than law that is uncertain.
- Laws are made to prevent the stronger from having the power to do everything.
- Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed.
- No crime without law making it so; no penalty without law making it so.
- No one is above the law.
- One with the law is a majority.
- Scarcely any law can be made which is beneficial to all; but if it benefits the majority it is useful.
- Substantial law defines rights, and procedural law establishes the procedures by which rights are protected and enforced.
- The definition of law depends on how we look at its purposes or functions.
- The end of law is not to abolish or restrain, but to preserve and enlarge freedom.法律的目的不是废除或约束而是维护并扩大自由。
- The first of all laws is to respect the laws.
- The law cannot make all men equal, but they are all equal before the law.
- The law does not concern itself about family trifles.
- The law holds no man responsible for the act of god.
- The law is the witness and external deposit of our moral life.
- The law never suffers anything contrary to truth.
- The law often allows what honor forbids.
- The law on libel is considered too lenient.
- The law protects citizens who are wrongfully deprived of their liberty by another.
- The law was made for man and not man for the law.
- The law wil catch up with him in the end.
- The legal source of the privilege waries from jurisdiction ro jurisdiction.
- The more laws, the more offences.
- The new regulations will come into force on January 1st.
- The powers and duties are conferred on the tribunal by the statutory code.
- The reason of the law ceasing, the law itself ceases.
- The safety of the people is the supreme law.
- The strictest law sometimes becomes the severest injustice.
- This document is legally binding.
- The law is in abeyance.
- This law has become a dead letter.
- This law will go into effect on the day of its promulgation.
- Where law ends, tyranny begins.
- Where there are uncertainties, there are no laws.