- Criminal punishment ought to be based upon blameworthiness only, and not imposed upon those cannot be blamed.
- Guilt always hurries towards its complement, i.e. punishment, only there does its satisfaction lie.
- He was kept in solitary confinement for a week.
- If the prosecution can prove that the defendant acted “for purpose of commercial advantage”, the maximum sentence is five years in prison.
- Legal circumstances and consideration circumstances show no difference and work in coordination in the course of discretion of punishment.
- No one can be punished twice for the same offence.
- Punishment is justice for the unjust.
- Punishment ought to be inflicted upon the guilty, and not upon others.
- The goal of punishment should be to reform the criminal so that he will not commit a crime again.
- That justice with absolutely prevents a crime is better than that which severely punishes it.