- A litigant generally must make a motion in writing.
- A party must be given fair notice of the case made against him.
- Agree, for the law is costly.
- An action is not given to one who is not injured.
- As already suggested, lawsuits do not begin themselves.
- He brought a libel action.
- He had to resort to threats of court action to get repayment.
- I am afraid you will be charged for damages.
- I am sorry we have to charge for damages.
- If the law has other provisions concerning limitation of action, those provisions shall apply.
- If there is a prosecution the onus will normally be on the prosecutor to prove the case.
- Inspection was ordered to take place seven days after discovery.
- It is a case of accidental death.
- No right of action can have its origin in fraud.
- Possession is nine points of the law.
- She decided to go to law against her husband to have the dispute settled.
- The case represents a new development in the law of libel.
- The judicial process deals not with abstract questions or hypothetical situations but with actual controversies between real parties.
- The prosecution in a criminal case has to establish beyond reasonable doubt that the accused committed the crime.
- Win your lawsuit and lose your money.